Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day: 0

  I picked up my bicycle on Tuesday and did a 10 mile ride to test it out that afternoon.  Yesterday, I fully loaded my bike and did a 35 mile test ride, including a bunch of climbs up ridiculously steep Seattle hills.  Everything is looking good for the trip.

  Today, I am largely giving my body a rest to make sure I am fresh while picking up the last few essentials before I SP tomorrow morning.  I keep telling myself that crossing the Cascades tomorrow is going to be the worst day of the trip to help motivate me.  But, after all the climbs I did in Seattle yesterday, I must admit I am a bit intimidated by by the 3,000 ft climb tomorrow from Seattle to the top of Snoqualmie Pass.  It will be a hard day.

  My 'Droid (HTC Incredible) arrived in Richland today, so I will be able to pick it up Saturday night and begin blogging and taking pictures from the road.  So, expect updates from the route starting Sunday, but for these next two days I will probably be incommunicado until I arrive in Richland.  I will get some pictures up this evening of me and my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment