Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 6: Easiest Day Yet

I am writing from Glenn Ferry, ID where I am taking my afternoon break. I did 77 miles this morning in about 6 hours, which is most of the distance I had planned for the day. I guess I had thought that with Idaho being a mountain state I would be climbing a lot, turns out it is very flat going East out of Boise. Add to that a good nights sleep in a bed and a great big meal last night, along with a nice cool partly cloudy morning, you get a very easy day. Probably will push on past Bliss tonight, but figuring that out now. Also got my first gifts of the trip: the attendant at a gas station I stopped at for directions in Mountain Home ran out and handed me 2 water bottles as I was leaving. They had wished me luck on bicycling all the way to the next town, and were rather shocked when I respond by saying I was going to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment