Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 28: Through Baltimore

I did ford the river yesterday, it was pretty muddy and didn't have a good exit on the far side. I carried my bags over on the first trip, and then my bike on the second.

In the next town, I first stopped to borrow someone's hose to wash off and then found a place for dinner. Following dinner I continued on to Baltimore and found a nice hidden grassy area a long the bike trail to sleep at--probably my second to last night camping out.

I guess the last week+ sleeping indoors has spoiled me, because I slept poorly despite good conditions. Woke up at 5:45 and continued on out of the city. Looking forward to getting to Philly this afternoon where I will meet up with a friend I worked with in Najaf that just started at Wharton (U Penn), and enjoy another night indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment