Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 10: Start

Finally back on the road again after taking the last few days to visit family, celebrate the 4th, rest, resupply, and take care of some Harvard enrollment requirements for the fall. I am currently making my way up the Uinta Mountains on highway 40 towards Daniels Pass at 7980 ft elevation, which I hope will be the high point of the trip until I cross the continental divide.

The ride up Provo canyon this morning was nice, apparently the "in" thing to do as a beautiful woman in Provo is to run the canyon in the morning, or maybe it is just sports camp season--either way, very nice. Provo and Utah is a funny land where most people.get married by 23; Utah is also the state with the highest percentage of infants. The priority among most young people here seems to be to get married and start a family--very bizarre to me. Regains, kudos to the young mother running up the steep hill in Provo canyon pushing the double baby stroller!

I hope highway 40 is good to me, it is my road for the next several days as I head into Colorado. Once I cross Daniels Pass, I should have a nice easy flat/downhill ride across eastern Utah and in to Colorado. I am dreading the climb crossing the Rockies, but at least I have my next shower and bed to look forward to on the otherside when I reach Colorado Springs on Saturday!

Back to climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment