Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 12: The climb

Just finished eating a buffet lunch at the Pizza Hut in Craig. The route to Maybell was an annoying series of climbs. Fortunatly, going east to Craig was mostly flat.

I have decided to stick with my original route through Steamboat Springs, crossing the continental divide for the first two times at Rabbit Ear and Muddy Pass, elevation 9,426 and 8,772 respectively. I don't have good elevation data, and this route is 20 miles shorter than the alternate we worked out yesterday...hopefully I have chosen wisely. My Target for tonight is to do 65 more miles and complete the big climb, stopping somewhere on highway 40 a ways short of Kremmling. This will setup tomorrow to be the big day where I conquer the Rockies for good after sparring with them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment