Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hanging in Cincinnati

Still relaxing and enjoying Cincinnati. I had developed a bunch of sores on my ankles from bug bites rubbing the inside of my bike shoes--they had gotten quite painful; this time off has given them a good chance to heal.

I am hanging out with some great friends here and having a good time. Saturday they are celebrating every holiday in one party at once--sounds amazing. So, I am going to stay to experience that.

When I finally continue on, I will take a train to DC to catch up on the lost time. I know: it let's me skip the Appalachians, but I really want to make Boston on time and am planning to visit people in DC, Philadelphia, and New York and don't want to be late to see them.

I am somewhat dreading traveling North a long the East Coast through the big cities, because getting in and out of big cities on a bike tends to be rather challenging. But, it will be an interesting urban adventure contrasting the open country I have spent most or my time in so far.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts were the fun part of the ride was the Western US wide open spaces. Western Pensilvania and NewYork is pretty open farm country some neat covered bridges etc. Between Cleveland and Pittsburgh it is that way.

    ReplyDelete