Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 11: Dinosaur, CO

II am taking my afternoon break at the Dinosaur city park here at the intersection of Brontosaurus blvd and Stegosaurus freeway. It has been a nice cool day, and now some clouds are coming in, which will be nice this afternoon.

Everyone warns me that I will have a brutal climb coming out of Steamboat Springs tomorrow, so I want to push as far as I can today, so that I can go slower the next few days as I cross the mountains and still stay on schedule for Colorado Springs by Saturday...hopefully in time to catch the World Cup match, but that is pretty ambitious.

There is a Colorado welcome center here in Dinosaur and I am going to stop in there before I leave to see if they have any good route advice. My current route has me crossing the continental divide 3 times, which seems pretty sub-optimal.

Wind just shifted to a strong tail wind, better get back on the road and hope it holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment