Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 13: Silverthorne

I had hoped to make Breckenridge tonight, but no luck. I got hit with a third storm this afternoon, along with a strong headwind, as I was coming out of Kremmling. Apparently isolated thunderstorms are the norm for Colorado this time of year. I just wished they weren't isolated to directly where I am.

Literally the sun will be shining on me and it will be a beautiful clear day all around...except for the thunder-cloud directly overhead. I really wanted to get a picture or video or something to prove this phenomenon, but not sure I could capture it well and worried about the possibility of water damage on my phone.

Today's storm passed fairly quickly, but definitely slowed me down. I am stopped in Silverthorne for the night, about 15 miles short of Breckenridge and 120 from Colorado Springs. I should make Colorado Springs tomorrow, just won't be as early as I would like. Hopefully no storms or headwinds on the Atlantic side.

No comments:

Post a Comment